BIRN is seeking applications for multiple positions of Country Researcher for the Global Index on Responsible Artificial Intelligence (GIRAI) project to support the development of a comprehensive set of benchmarks for measuring countries’ commitment towards responsible AI worldwide.
Who can apply?
Candidates from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Romania are welcome to apply for this position.
As a Country Researcher, you will be involved in gathering and assessing evidence on responsible AI commitments and progress in your designated country, contributing to advancing accountable and rights-based AI principles globally.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Collecting and evaluating data on your nation’s AI commitments and advancements.
- Contributing to global best practices for responsible AI.
- Attending essential training courses on GIRAI tools, methodology and data collection.
- Complying with data quality standards, submission timelines and data collection processes set by GIRAI and BIRN.
- Investigating key AI thematic areas: Gender Equality, Data Protection, Privacy, Bias, Discrimination, Labour Protection, Accountability, Transparency, etc.
- Awareness of recent AI policy developments in your country.
- Proficiency in English and at least one official language of your country.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and research.
- Ability to work autonomously, meet deadlines and maintain data quality.
- Full-time availability from mid-October 2023 to March 2024.
How to apply
Apply by completing the following application form before September 25, 2023, at 5pm (CET). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.