Open Call: Executive Director
Location: On site or remote
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience
BH Futures Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Executive Director to lead our organization in its mission to empower youth in Bosnia and Herzegovina. As a non-profit organization with a strong commitment to excellence, innovation and diversity, we are dedicated to making a meaningful impact in our community. We are still operating as a social StartUp with a very dynamic environment, where you will be expected to wear many hats and support teams at different levels. We are looking for an independent medior-senior professional who will enable our transformation from a “StartUp” to a well-established, structured and agile/lean international organization.
At the BH Futures Foundation, we are driven by a vision to transform Bosnia and Herzegovina into a nation of prosperity and resilience. Our mission is to empower the emerging STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) leaders of Bosnia and Herzegovina, setting the stage for a brighter future. Since our inception, we have been dedicated to fostering positive change within our nation.
As the Executive Director of BH Futures Foundation, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the development of annual plans and budgets for the organization;
- Leading the organization with a medior/senior-level growth mindset and strategic prioritization;
- Motivating and empowering the team consisting of paid staff and volunteers to achieve our mission and objectives;
- Leading fundraising efforts, cultivating strategic partnerships with Educational Institutions, Local communities and Industry, and expanding our financial support network;
- Leveraging your 7+ years of experience in the relevant field to drive the Foundation’s growth and impact;
- Utilizing your volunteer management experience, if available, to enhance our volunteer programs;
- Representing Foundation locally and internationally at different levels;
- Work on other initiatives assigned to you by Board of Directors or Founders;
- Reporting to the Board of Directors and Founders on Foundations progress.
- A strong growth mindset and the ability to prioritize strategic initiatives effectively;
- Strong belief in the youth of Bosnia and Herzegovina and their potential to grow through personal and professional development opportunities;
- Being an entrepreneurial and fearless leader who strives for excellence, acts with integrity, embraces diversity, serves the community and genuinely believes in the mission and vision of BHFF;
- Ability to work remotely with diverse teams of young professionals and students in a solution-oriented manner;
- Having a flexible approach to work and working hours;
- Self-motivation and persistence while wearing different hats is expected;
- Proven experience in fundraising, partnership development, or grant writing;
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a relevant field;
- Previous volunteer experience;
- Good understanding of legal and accounting principles in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including public speaking) both in English and BHS languages (English is the official language of BHFF)
- Must be residing in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
*The selected candidate will go through an onboarding period before taking over accountabilities and responsibilities tied to the position.
Why BH Futures Foundation?
- Join a passionate and dedicated team committed to making a positive impact.
- Play a crucial role in shaping the future of our Foundation and the communities we serve.
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive compensation.
- Opportunity to lead a growing organization and drive meaningful change.
- Work with the best STEM companies and professionals from Bosnia and Herzegovina and abroad, and expand your professional network through the Foundation’s global connections.
If you are a motivated and experienced leader ready to take on this important role, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume, a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience, and any other supporting documents to [email protected] by December 4th.
We look forward to meeting potential candidates who share our passion and can help us make a lasting difference in our country.BH Futures Foundation is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply.