GIZis looking for aCommunication Specialist (m/f/d) Full-time employment (100%)
in Sarajevo from 15.12.2023
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a worldwide provider for sustainable development which assists the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation.
The Energy and Climate Cluster Bosnia and Herzegovina / Western Balkans consists of several projects supporting public institutions, private and non-governmental sector to implement the Green Agenda for the Western Balkans and connected decarbonization targets.
The Open Regional Fund for South East Europe – Energy, Transport and Climate Protection (ORF-ETC) aims to support energy, transport and climate relevant political and civil society actors, through cooperation in networks in South-Eastern Europe, in implementing required EU regulations. The ORF ETC has 4 fields of intervention, all of them implemented following a regional approach:
- Multi-level governance on energy, climate and/or transport between national and local level
- Capacity building of parliamentarians
- Implementation of Sustainable urban mobility plans
- Development and implementation of local sustainable energy- and climate action plans
The project “Community Action for Energy Transition in Bosnia and Herzegovina” (CAET) aims to support municipalities and relevant sector institutions, companies and private actors in implementing the national decarbonization strategy in 3 fields of intervention:
- Energy-efficient renovation of multi-apartment buildings
- establishing of renewable energy communities
- extending energy efficiency information system to residential buildings.
For the Energy and Climate Cluster ad with focus on the abovementioned projects, GIZ is looking for a Communication Officer.
Your tasks:Overall responsibility for the internal and external communication of the ORF-ETC and CAET:
- development of communication and visibility strategies,
- management of media relations and appearances,
- development and management of media campaigns (online, TV, radio etc.)
- PR focal point for donors, i.e. European Union; establishing positive working relationships with and managing requests from donors
- coordination of joint PR activities with partners (local, regional, international).
Implementation of communication and visibility measures such as
- drafting/editing press releases, articles, news, etc.
- organization/facilitation of events and workshops
- design and maintenance of online communication channels (website; possibly Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- design and maintenance of promotion materials (presentations, factsheets, brochures, flyers, roll-ups, videos, etc.)
- University degree in public relations communication, marketing, journalism, political or environmental sciences, or equivalent qualification
- Min. 5 years of professional experience
- Min. 2 years of experience in strategic partnership management, key account management, donor relations, or similar field
- Proven experience in the fields of graphic design, marketing and journalism
- Proven experience in developing communication/PR strategies
- Proven experience in managing media relations
- Proven experience in running online campaigns
- High affinity to ICT and graphic design applications as well as experience in (1) developing and managing corresponding communication tools, such as websites, mobile applications, social media accounts, as well as (2) developing and disseminating corresponding communication products, such as presentations, brochures, flyers, videos, etc.
- Good understanding of energy, transport and climate change topics based on previous work experience and/or academic background
- Attention to detail; i.e. ability to strictly adhere to rules, guidelines, orthography
- Ability to express complex content in a clear and concise manner adjusted to the respective target group, verbally and in writing
- Positive attitude and ability to motivate others
- Fluent in English; fluency in German considered a big asset
- Experience with EU-funded projects will be considered an asset
We are looking forward to hearing from you what motivates you to work for GIZ as a communication specialist.
We kindly ask you to send us your CV in English and your application documents by November 27, 2023, by e-mail to the following e-mail address:[email protected] – keyword: Communication SpecialistOnly short-listed candidates will receive a written notification.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. The recognition, appreciation, and integration of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees should be valued – regardless of gender and sexual identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
We would like to increase the proportion of disabled people and would welcome applications to this effect.
Lokacija: Sarajevo (Rad iz firme)
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 16.11.2023.
Trajanje oglasa: 11 dana (ističe 27.11.2023.)