Child Welfare Office (m/f)In accordance with the indicated need for a position in our Child Welfare department, as 24th November 2023, the Representative office of the foreign Humanitarian Organization “Islamic Relief WW” England, Sarajevo announces:
Job Title: Child Welfare Officer- 1 position (m/f)
Department: Child Welfare department
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reporting to : Child Welfare Manager and Director
About Islamic Relief WW:
Islamic Relief Worldwide is a faith-inspired, independent humanitarian and development organization that responds to the needs of vulnerable and marginalized people particularly in, but not limited to, armed conflict areas.We are United Kingdom-based with active presence over 40 countries across the globe. Islamic Relief has been operating since 1984.
Islamic Relief Worldwide has been present in Bosnia and Herzegovina since 1992 and through its work continuously provides assistance and support to the population of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and seeks to mitigate the negative socio-economic impacts.
Currently, Islamic Relief Bosnia and Herzegovina (IR&BIH) has its main office in Sarajevo and a sub-office in Tuzla. IR B&H operates many projects in different programs such as Child Welfare, Projects of psychosocial support, Agriculture, Fundraising, Emergency and Seasonal Projects. We operate across Bosnia and Herzegovina and work closely with Muslims and Non-Muslims, regardless of race, political affiliation, gender and belief.
Achieving the best outcomes for sponsored children include supporting and caring for the emotional well-being of orphans and their families and following safeguarding procedures.
- Select families for sponsorship using Islamic Relief guidelines and procedures
- obtains the most accurate data and photos of the sponsored child and stores them in the system
- Reports on a regular basis
- It ensures that the guardian has the ability to receive funds through bank accounts or other electronic means
- Regularly monitor the welfare of the sponsored family and report any information and problems related to their welfare or safety
- Confirms that sponsored families have received payments on schedule and when scheduled, reporting any discrepancies.
- Performs home visits according to guidelines
- Preparation of APR according to the minimum required standards
- Ensures that all relevant IRWW policies, procedures and guidelines are followed
- It supports sponsored families through awareness raising and capacity building activities
- Get involved in activities that will support the physical, financial, social and psychological well-being of the family
- Assesses families’ needs, situations, strengths and support networks to determine their goals
- Develops plans to improve family well-being
- It helps families adapt to changes and challenges in their lives, such as illness or unemployment
- Researches and refers recipients to community resources, such as health services, children’s services, employment opportunities, livelihood initiatives, etc.
- It helps families work with local authorities and agencies to apply for and receive benefits, pensions and other forms of statutory support.
- Identifies and effectively responds to crisis situations such as child abuse, domestic violence, etc. in accordance with policies and procedures
- Advocates and helps families obtain resources that would improve their well-being
- It monitors the situation of families to ensure that their situation improves over time
- Evaluates services provided to ensure they are relevant and effective
- Adheres to the Orphan Sponsorship Program Operations Manual as well as other instructions specified in other acts of Islamic Relief.
Qualifications,Knowledge, Experience, Skills
- Completed high school/SSS;
- Desirable work experience in the same or similar jobs;
- To establish good working relationships with a variety of people;
- Excellent written and spoken English:
- Active driver (B category):
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to manage activities and work with beneficiaries in multiple and remote locations:
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Motivation for socially responsible work – activism;
- Propensity for teamwork;
- Expressed desire to build new knowledge and capacities
Note: This job position is correspond to the level of secondary education.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance /criminal check
- receipt of satisfactory references
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who agree with the IR values together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection, Safeguarding and Code of Conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The candidate must have Bosnian citizenship and that criminal proceedings are not conducted.
Please submit your CV with a Cover Letter only in English, with contact details of two references and your relationship via application form.
The advertisement remains open 10 working days (until 04th December 2023). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Islamic Relief WW Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lokacija: Sarajevo (Rad iz firme)
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 24.11.2023.
Trajanje oglasa: 10 dana (ističe 04.12.2023.)