In accordance with the Article 4 of the Labor Rulebook of the International University of Sarajevo (IUS-UO-08-16-1/19), International University of Sarajevo announces the following:
for the vacant position of
FACULTY SECRETARY – 1 (one) person (m/f)
MINIMUM CRITERIA/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in Law;
- English language skills are essential;
- Other language skills are desirable;
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a same or similar position.
A SHORT DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB DUTIES:
- Participates in organization and management of the Faculty, participates in meetings of the Faculty Council;
- Drafts, proposes, and finalizes decisions of the Dean and the Faculty Council;
- Organizes and manages the work of the administrative service at the Faculty;
- Participates as a full member of the Legal Department at the University;
- Monitors and implements regulations and provides legal opinions;
- Prepares materials for the Council sessions and other bodies of the Faculty;
- Prepares meetings of the professional bodies at the Faculty;
- Organizes public review of drafts and proposals of the general acts of University and Faculty;
- Collects, consolidates, and processes legal suggestions and objections for the general acts adoption, prepares working schedules of the service, participates in the preparation of working plans and the Faculty development;
- Prepares decisions in administrative procedures, provides legal explanations regarding the study contracts, and helps in making employment contracts for academic staff,
- Prepares all kinds of decisions and resolutions on the legal status of Faculty employees;
- Prepares contracts related to business of the Faculty;
- Provides legal guidance for work of the Student Affairs Office, provides professional assistance to committees, delegations, and other faculty bodies, attends meetings of the Faculty Council, and keeps minutes thereof;
- Prepares analyses and information in the domain of administrative affairs,
- Prepares responses to complaints, lawsuits and similar, prepares reports in the domain of his/her service and submit it to competent authorities;
- Cooperates with student representatives in the Faculty Council and other student organizations at the University;
- Makes contracts on temporary jobs and consultancy contracts with faculty members who are engaged as: professors from other institutions, lecturers, visiting professors etc.;
- Performs tasks in domain of labor relations, as well as other tasks as requested by the Dean of Faculty and Deputy Secretary General for Legal and Administrative Affairs;
- University may require the employee to perform other tasks such as participation in committees, translations, meetings, conferences, and similar activities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Diversified range of tasks in an international and dynamic environment;
- Friendly and inspiring work atmosphere;
- Continuous development and support;
- Competitive compensation and benefits;
- Team building.
HOW TO APPLY:
All candidates should submit the following documents in the application:
- A detailed resume in English with a recent photo;
- A cover letter in English.
Applications can be submitted in three ways:
- Personally, to the protocol at IUS Campus (Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 17:00);
- Via postal service, by sending it to address Hrasnička cesta, 15, 71210 Ilidža or
- Via option: “PRIJAVI SE NA OGLAS” at mojposao.ba.
Candidates who submit their application personally or via postal service should indicate the position for which they are applying on the envelope.
Selection of the candidates who meet the requirements of the competition shall be made by the Committee. Prior testing of the relevant skills shall be conducted with the shortlisted candidates.
A fixed-term contract for one year, with a probation period of six months shall be concluded with the selected candidate.
The job announcement will be open until October 26, 2023.
Incomplete, untimely and irregular applications will not be taken into consideration. The application documents will not be returned to the candidate